Since I wrote about the service here I've recieved a number of suggestions for improvements.
Here they are. Please comment, add, heckle, whatever.
- On the upload success page - the one with all your codes, links etc. why not
make it unique so users can bookmark it?
we should - we will - seems obvious. not sure why it is like it is right now.
- The success page and your main photo url should have a snip or tiny url
- Enable a cookie based “account” for your photos – no registration required.
- Provide an email form so you can send yourself an email with
each of these are going to get scoped this week.
- Enable other file formats to be uploaded and shared – flash,
- this is going to wait a bit - we're doing some other work on video that will be relevant soon - intentional forwarding looking statement :)
- Update: URL uploading
- Update: APIs for allyoucanupload including XML and JSON output (please note that we provide APIs to Webshots.com here)
- Update: small windows app that adds “right click to upload” functionality to all images and possibly provides a minimalist drag and drop to upload feature. It should store urls for the user.
- Update: The homepage is ugly, http://imagesocket.com/ is much nicer.
- Update: If you need to let people upload more than one photo at once, you add a script like Gmail’s attachment script which adds as many upload slots as you need, and you urge the download of the above mentioned drag and drop app.
- Update: Other file types.